What the ASCCI does, how to contact the Club and how to join it.
THE PURPOSE OF THE CLUB
The Australasian Shelley Collectors Club Inc. began in 1983 and is the oldest Shelley collectors club in the world, with around 300 members. It is a non profit organisation incorporated in New South Wales, run by volunteers, set up to provide a forum for education, reference and friendship for collectors of Shelley and Wileman china and earthenware.
The Club organises an Annual Exhibition and Sale of Shelley & Wileman china and earthenware, each year in a different State, runs Regional Meetings in most States, publishes four informative newsletters a year, and publishes various reference items. (See the Club Activities page for details of the Fair and regional meetings).
The formal rules of the Club are set out in the Club’s constitution.
HOW TO CONTACT THE CLUB:
For general enquiries, email the Secretary.
Please Note: The ASCCI does not undertake valuations or appraisals. We suggest that you check the sale prices achieved on auction sites on the internet.
THE BENEFITS OF CLUB MEMBERSHIP:
- Club members provide a great resource for finding out more about items in your collection.
- Receive an informative quarterly colour newsletter.
- Advertise wants and items for sale or exchange in the newsletter at no cost.
- Attend Regional meetings and social events in most Australian States.
- Buy Club publications at members’ prices (e.g. Cup Shapes Book, Crested Miniatures Book).
- Participate in the Club’s Annual Fair and Exhibition.
HOW TO JOIN THE CLUB:
Email the Secretary and request a membership application form.
Current membership fees in Aust$ are:
- Australia: Single $40; Couple $45;
- New Zealand: Add $5;
- Other Overseas: Add $10 for newsletter postage. The total membership fee varies with the exchange rate and arrangements are in place to receive payments in US$ or Pounds sterling. (Ask the Secretary for the procedure and the actual cost).